Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ten on Thursday

1. Tomorrow will be my last day of work for a while. I have really been struggling the past couple weeks. My job is just a little too physically demanding and my legs and feet are usually throbbing by 5:00.

2. I caught a cold this week and left work yesterday to try and get some rest. I must sound pretty bad because the doctor today asked what medicines I have been taking. I am feeling a little better today and hope that means I will recover fast.

3. I had my weekly doctors appointment today and like always he said that everything still looks good. He did say that the baby hasn't dropped yet where he needs to be for me to go into labor. I guess he is still having too much fun playing up high.

4. It has been really windy this week. They winds have been so strong that it blew off the back half of our roof. Just part of living in Rexburg.

5. A couple of saturdays ago Dave put my new saddle on Millie and work her in the round pin. We are trying to work with her every weekend we get the chance.

6. Jolene's horse Miss finally had her baby very early tuesday morning. She is so cute! a little black and white paint filly with a lot of sass.

7. The next morning Jolene found that the other pregnant mare Velvet had also had her baby. She is a Thoroughbred and has the longest legs. She looks a little awkward on her feet, but I'm sure she'll grow into those legs eventually.

8. I actually remembered to watch the Kentucky Derby this year and was glad I didn't miss the race. It was pretty exciting seeing such an underdog move through the pack and win by such a long stretch.

9. The past few weekends Dave and I have focused on getting the yard ready for the season. Dave pruned the trees and even cut some bushes down that we didn't like. I help a little by riding the mower around with a rake and sweeper behind it to pick up all the dead grass and leaves left behind under the winter snow.

10. Dave finally pulled the boat out of storage monday night so that it could get summerized. He has lots of plans to fix the stereo before the boating season and is excited to get started.

No comments: