1. Had a BBQ friday night at Brad and Jolene's. They had a bonfire going all night in their fire pit. I love this time of the year!
2.The weather has been wonderful. mostly in the 60's and 70's, and yesterday it even reached the 80's.
3. last Saturday Dave and I took advantage of the warm weather and tried to work in the yard. hopefully this weekend the weather will stay nice enough for me to trim back all the dead bushes so the green can grow through.
4. We then went over to Brad and Jolene's to work with Millie. Of course Dave insisted on doing the work( something about me getting hurt from the horses). I was able to talk him through a few exercises in the round pin and was happy to see that she did well even with the whole winter off.
5. I did spend some time brushing her , since the winter and mud have kept me away. She really does have a beautiful mane if I keep the knots out.
6. I got burned on saturday, mostly because I forgot about sunscreen. I haven't seen the sun in such a long time.
7. Chief went with me to work on Monday for his neuter. I also had Dr. Rolston tack his stomach at the same time so that we don't have to worry about his stomach twisting. Unfortunately Danes are highly prone to bloat so this surgery will help relieve any fears of coming home to a dead dog. He did really well and has recovered much quicker then I expected.
8.Work threw me a baby shower during our staff meeting last week. They did try to make it a surprise but I was suspicious that they were up to something.
9. I had to leave work early yesterday because the nerve on my left leg was hurting me so bad I couldn't even walk. After trying to deal with it for a couple hours I left because I couldn't even restrain any of the animals. It still hurts some today but at least I can move again.
10. Even though today is my day off I am headed back to work because I was shocked last night to find a huge gash in Barney's arm. I don't know how he got it, but it needs a few stitches.
No comments:
Post a Comment