Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Went to the hospital very early Wednesday and ended up having an emergency c-section. What a relief to have my little Nathan born healthy and strong.

2. Spent all day wednesday confined to my hospital bed, partly because I still couldn't move very much and I was hooked up to all sorts of lines( IVs, oxygen, and some leg thing that kept "massaging " my legs to prevent any blood clots). I realized how nice the pain meds were once they started to wear off the next morning.

3.Spent thursday and friday recovering from the surgery and was happy to head home friday night for some sleep in my bed.

4. My Mom and Dad arrived Thursday night. My mom is staying to help me for two weeks. It is great to have someone around especially since I've been an invalid for the past few days. It is difficult to do anything when in hurts to lean over. I am also not allowed to pick up any thing over 15lbs or drive a car for 3 weeks.

5. My Dad and Dave spent all day Saturday installing the swamp cooler in to the kitchen window. This required them to move the steps for the deck and build some new railings. While they were working on the deck they also built a gate to keep the dogs off the deck and away from the patio furniture when they are outside.

6. Dad left Sunday morning and we spent the day just relaxing.

7. Monday We all went over to Brad and Jo's for some BBQ hamburgers. Dave was able to spend some time working with Millie. It was nice to get out of the house for a few hours.

8. Went to Nathan's first doctors appointment today. He was in the 66% for height ( they got a better measurement of 20.5in) and his weight is in the 30%. So I guess that means he is tall and skinny.

9. I don't think the dogs have figured out Nathan yet. Both Chief and Frodo come over and check him out all the time, but Barney just tries to stay away from him. Barney did try to sit on my lap once while I was holding Nathan but could figure out how to get comfortable.

10.Well I better get back to Nathan, he is awake.

1 comment:

Kristin Hanson said...

Hooray for tall skinny babies! He's so handsome, Terri - enjoy all the time you have with him while he is tiny. I love having a little one to hold - Bean won't stay still long enough to hold, not even in her sleep!