Monday, July 25, 2016

Quick weekend away

We spent a couple days at the cabin last weekend. The boys had a great time and did not want to leave, Dave and I on the other hand were more then ready to get home to our own bed and some real sleep. The hardest part about trips to the cabin with babies is that they don't sleep while we are there. The first night Colin was literally up from 12am to 5am and then our morning started at 7:30.  I opted to stay at the cabin that afternoon and nap with Colin while everyone went to the lake to play. He sleep better the next night but then fought his morning nap, it was a real struggle. But we all did make it to Pinecrest lake and the boys had a great time in the water. I even took Colin in for a short time and he loved splashing the water. After another really bad night of sleep with a tired but wakeful baby we got up and left for Yosemite. Our stake is in charge of holding church services at the park during the summer and Last Sunday was our wards turn. Dave volunteered to help out so we drove the 3hrs from the cabin and just barely made it on time. Dave gave his talk then we had a picnic with some of our friends before heading home and crashing. I am still not sure I have recovered from the lack of sleep.







No comments: