My brother Corey and his family came to California last week to visit my parents so of course we had to tag along and a few of their adventures. I always love it when I can spend time with my family especially since we see so little of each other these days.
Colin and Hailey.
Tuesday we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This place is always a hit with the kids although I think Nathan was more interested in catching Pokemon( to be fair there are a ton of water ones at the aquarium he had never seen before). They all really had fun especially with the more hands on sections. I still couldn't get anyone willing to touch and of the creatures in the tide pool section.
Brady, Nathan, Hailey, And Leah.
Colin loved this water section and was soaked by the time he was done.
After the Aquarium we headed of to Dennis the Menace park in Monterey. I remember playing there as a child although the now have the train fenced off.
Thursday we joined them at Gilroy Gardens. This park is always so much fun for young kids. We started out having the kids ride a couple rides before heading over to the pond. Nathan really wanted to ride on the paddle boats and the line was super long and slow. By the time we made it on the boats the kids were ready to do anything that didn't require a line so we headed to the splash zone. Colin is definitely turning into a little water baby. He loved playing and splashing in the water. after the water zone we headed back out to ride some of the rides and I was surprised to find that Nathan was too tall for most of the rides the little ones wanted to ride. So we had to go to the other side of the park to find a ride for Nathan Just before the park closed for the day. After leaving my parents treated us all to dinner. We sure did have a great time with Corey, Yoli, Leah, and Hailey.




















No comments:
Post a Comment