Thursday, May 26, 2016
Star Wars Birthday Party
I really don't consider myself a great party planner but Nathan begged to have a friend party this year and since his latest obsession is Star Wars he asked for a Star Wars party. Thankfully there is Pinterest for parents like me who aren't super creative. My goal was to keep the party simple and fun, and I think it was pretty successful. Honestly my biggest stress was the fear that none of the kids would come and there were a few days I was almost certain it was going to be a friendless party. But luckily as few of his closet friends were able to make it even though they had to travel from another city to come.
So here is my breakdown of how to throw a Star wars birthday party that all the kids will love.
First when everyone arrived I had them create their own light sabers. They decorated a toilet paper tube with markers and stickers and then we put a long balloon inside and blew it up. The one thing I forgot to take into account was how impossible it is to fill those types of balloons with just your lungs. I definitely recommend getting one of those hand pumps people use when making balloon animals. I didn't have one so my poor Dad ended up having to blow up every single one because the rest of us couldn't.
Next We tried out a game called unfreeze Han Solo. Basically I took a Han solo, Chewbacca, and Finn action figure and froze them in tupperware. Then I had the kids use warm water, spoons, and water guns to rescue them. This is not an activity I would do again. At first the kids seem excited but soon lost interest and ended up squirting each other instead while Brady and I finished getting the figures out.
Next up was Jedi Training and this part was lots of fun for everyone. I created some foam light sabers that all the kids loved. All I did was take a pool noodle, cut it in half and then cover the bottom end with duck tape. Then I added some black electrical tape to make it look like the handle of the lightsaber and finished by adding a round dot of red paint for the button. I love the way they turned out.
For the first part of their Jedi Training they had to keep a balloon from touching the ground with their light sabers.
Then they had to make their way through a laser beam obstacle course.
Then we worked and team work and strength. I had them pair off and sit back to back with their elbows linked. They then had to work together to stand up. And this was hilarious to watch.
Then we did blaster gun training. for this one I drew some Storm trooper faces on white balloons and hung them from the ceiling. Then had the kids take turns with some nerf guns shooting at the Storm Troopers. The kids all loved this activity.
Then it was time for lunch. I wanted to keep food super simple so all I did was make some Yoda Soda(Hawaiian punch with 7up) and cooked some $5 dollar faves from Papa Murphy's. The soda and pizza were a big hit and I loved how easy and simple it was.
After lunch Nathan opened his presents and then we had cake and ice cream. This year I went with a cake from the local grocery store bakery and it was delicious. Normally I am not a big fan of these store bought cakes but this one was so good, chocolate cake with fudge filling and a whip cream frosting. And the kids actually ate it all not just the frosting.
The kids were ready for more fun after the food so I set up a obstacle course on the front lawn. They first had to crawl through a tube then run, then through some hula hoops, then do a forward roll and grab a nerf gun and shoot either Kylo Ren or a Storm Trooper. They kids all loved this activity and tried it over and over.
When it was time for everyone to leave each kid got to take home a foam light saber and a bag of goodies. Overall it was a fun party and Nathan sure had a great time with his friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
That looks amazing!! You are very creative with all the party ideas. I'm sure Nathan loved every moment.
Post a Comment