Thursday, September 16, 2010

ten for the week

1. Since we both had Labor day off we decided to make it a day at the State Fair. We left for the fair during Nathan's  morning nap time. I was hoping he would sleep in the car during the 1hr drive down but no luck he was much too interested in watching his movie.

2. Of course I forgot my camera again so no pictures but we had a good time walking around looking at some of the venders. We watched part of the draft horse competition. we also got a chance to watch the dock dogs practicing for their competition. It was for amateurs so many of the dogs had never jumped off a dock into water before. It was pretty funny when a dog would run all the way to the end after its toy and then hit the brakes when it saw the water.

3.Then we had some fair food for lunch  and  walked through the animal barns. Nathan really seemed to like the horses he would try to touch all the ones that seemed within reach. But his true favorite really seems to be the rabbits. He would have stayed looking at the rabbits all afternoon if we let him. The rabbit barn was the only one he cried at when we forced him the leave.

4. I then took him to the petting zoo and feed the goats, but he was really more interested in sitting by the rabbits. I wonder how long this fascination will last?

5. Then Dave went a got a massage from a student at a local massage school and I took Nathan to some toy cars the local hospital had set up for toddlers to ride around and a painted road. He couldn't quite figure out how to move himself forward but after a few minutes he was having a blast moving backwards. I tried to get him to leave once because I wanted to make sure other kids had a chance  but when I took him out of the car he immediately walked back over opened the door and crawled back in. there weren't any other kids waiting so I let him play a little longer. He still cried though when I finally made him leave.

6. After playing so hard he finally fell asleep in the stroller and we walked around in the photo barn and a few other venders. Then it was time for some more great fair food . Dave got some ice cream and I got some scone bites with honey butter. So good definitely my favorite part of the fair. It was very crowded by then and we were pretty tired so we headed home.

7. Saturday we spent the day cleaning and organizing the garage. It had gotten pretty out of control so it took all day. But now I can park in the garage again and we should be able to store the boat indoors for the winter.

8. That night we had a girls night out with a few of my friends  and went to the cheap theaters to see Charlie St. Cloud. And I must admit that I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie. And although the twist wasn't that surprising I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good chick flick.

9. Nathan is growing up much too fast now I love the way he interacts with us, but sometimes I just want to keep him my baby forever. He still doesn't really say much but he talks in his own language all the time.Now when we ask for hugs he will come lean on your shoulders and if I ask for a kiss he gets really shy and just leans his forehead into me. Oh how I love my little man!

10. Just the other day he started gathering all his trucks and now pushes them around the floor saying vroom. so cute! He also will not go anywhere with out his dog blanket. He carries it every where and refuses to leave his crib without  it in his arms.

No comments: