Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ten for the week

1. Friday after work we went to the local county fair. We got there in time to catch a few kids we knew barrel racing.

2. Nathan had a great time exploring the stands. Now that he walks he just can't stay still.

3. After watching the roping competition we walked around the fair grounds. Nathan loved the animal barn. He seems to really like animals. He spent most of his time looking at two rabbits and trying to shove hay into their enclosure.

4. At the end of the night Dave took Nathan down a giant slide, but by then he was just too tired so I couldn't tell if he really enjoyed it or not.

5. Saturday we made it out on the boat. I am afraid that the season is quickly coming to an end. The weather seems to be cooling down already. This summer has been way too short.

6. Sunday my good friend Kat stopped by for a visit on her drive back to Montana. It so great that she was able to stop by. I really miss hanging out with her.

7. Sunday afternoon Nathan was acting really groggy and whiny. After checking his temp I realized he was running a fever. It was still high so I ended up having to stay home from work. He was very cranky the whole day and not interested in eating. Tuesday his fever had dropped by the time I took him into the doctor and he thought he just had an viral upper respiratory infection.

8. His fever stayed down all after afternoon so I thought he was on the mend so I thought I could go back to work, well when Dave got home that night he noticed that Nathan felt really warm. His temp was higher so I gave him a warm bath and canceled my plans for work. Of course his fever was down Wednesday morning and has stayed down ever since. It is so great to see him his normal happy self again.

9. Since I was home all day yesterday I decided it was a good time to get my house cleaned. I tried to do a deep cleaning of all the rooms which mainly consisted of moving all the furniture so I could vacuum under everything and really get the base boards clean. Now if I could just get the bathroom done the house will be cleaner than it has been in a long time.

10. Well that is all the excitement in our lives this week.

No comments: