Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I got off early thursday at work, so I was able to go to the grocery store I was very low on food in the house. I also washed my car, which hadn't been done since the winter. It looks so much better now.

2. Dave's Mom came to Rexburg for the weekend, so we decided to get up early friday and get on the lake before it got busy. It was very early morning but well worth the conditions on the lake.

3.Brianna invited her Canadian roommate and fiance (Tegan and Jesse) to celebrate the fourth with us. They were surprised by how patriotic our country is. I guess Canadians don't every fly their country's flag. We are lucky to have the scouts place a flag in our front yard for every American holiday. Also introduced the Tegan and Jesse to water sports. They seemed to have a good time. Jesse kept on wanted to go on the tube. My least favorite because it really hurts when you get thrown off, but he really seemed to enjoy it. We were glad that we went early because by 2 it was much too windy to enjoy.

4.Everyone then came over to our place for a BBQ. I of course got eaten alive by the mosquitos. so for the next three days I suffered with the itching and swelling. It was so bad saturday and sunday that I couldn't sleep.

5. Saturday I went with Brianna and Mom to Jackson Hole Wyoming. I had never been so I was excited to check it out. For lunch I tried a Buffalo Burger, It didn't really taste and different then a regular hamburger.

6. Saturday night we went bowling as a family. Even Krista managed to beat me. Afterwards Dave and I went to see Hancock. I thought it was good, with a good surprise half way through.

7. I was very excited to have a new stove installed on Saturday. no more trying to guess what the temperature of the oven is. So far everything is cooking the way it should. With the old one I always had to turn the temp gage way down and then I still burned everything unless I took at least 10 min off the cooking time. We also finally got a microwave. It has been over a year since I have had one to use.

8. Dave and I realized last weekend that we didn't actually have enough life vest on our boat for a full load. Since our boat can hold ten we decided to purchase a couple more for this weekend in Meridian. Today I stopped at a boat store to check out their vest and was horrified to learn that vest prices have doubled in the last year. We like the neoprene vest and I was expecting to pay 50-60 per vest, now a good vest starts at $100. I couldn't justify that price, but I remember someone telling me that they sell good vest at Sam's club. So I decided it was time to become a member. I was very happy to get two vest for $40 each. That deal made membership well worth it!

9. I am finally back to a four day work week. yeah! I now have tuesdays off. Since I had the whole day off I was excited to actually have time to go out and brush the horses. I don't think they will be around much longer, since they have already cleared our whole pasture.

10. We were very disapointed to learn this week that our July camping trip to Lake Trinity had been cancelled. One of the California fires is only ten mile away from the camp site. So We decided to spend the money we had been saving for the trip on our vehicles. Dave put in a new navigation/sirius radio deck in the truck. My favorite feature is the ability to make a call from the screen. We are aslo planing on getting the windows tinted on both vehicles, which I am very excited for.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi, Terri! I found you through Kerri's blog...and see that you found me also! Can I ask--what took you to Idaho? Just curious. I'll be bookmarking this so I can keep tabs on you...and maybe we can meet up next time I'm up visiting my fam in the booming metropolis of Lewisville!

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Hey Terri,
I found you from Kerri's blog too. All these old memories have really taken me back! I have wondered about everyone and I'm so glad you look so happy! Be warned- you now have a blog stalker!