One of my favorite things is being able to go on the field trips with my kids.
This years trip with the 3rd graders was to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Because the Aquarium is 2hrs away the field trip takes all day. My wonderful MIL was able to take time off work and come watch Colin for me and pick Brady up from school so that I would be able to attend.
We left for Monterey just after 8am and arrived at Dennis the Menace park by 10am. The kids then had a chance to run, play and just stretch after the long bus ride. Our time at the Aquarium started at 10:30. Once we arrived they set us loose with our groups. The kids were all very excited and mostly ran from one tank to another. Nathan begged me for a camera so I let him use my phone. He took over 100 pictures of random fish tanks. A few turned out pretty good, but I did take it back occasionally so I could get some shots. around 12 we ate lunch then it was back at it for another 2 hours. By the time we got back on the bus at 2:30, I was exhausted. Those kids really know how to run you ragged. But they certainly didn't miss seeing anything.
Petting the Bat Rays.
I still think the jelly fish are the coolest, not sure the kids cared though. They pretty much ran through the exhibit.
My group of kids
No comments:
Post a Comment