We had a nice laid back Halloween weekend this year and I am exhausted. We spent our Saturday morning at soccer games. There was a 3hr break between the two games so we ran a couple errands around town. grabbed some lunch and made it home early afternoon. I got an exhausted baby down for a nap and then spent the rest of the afternoon carving pumpkins with Nathan and Brady. In the past I basically have had to do all the work, last year the boys wouldn't even touch the gunk on the inside. I was relieved and excited that both boys were willing to jump in and do the work themselves. Nathan decided he wanted 2 designs in his pumpkin. lightning and a pokemon. I drew a very basic lightning design which he loved and then declared that it was The Flash. I helped him trace it onto the pumpkin and then he started carving it on all his own. I thought he did a great job he only made one minor mistake which I fixed with a couple toothpicks. on the other side he wanted a pokemon character so I googles designs and let him pick out on he liked. Then I hand drew it onto some paper and helped him transfer the design onto the pumpkin. he had a great time carving it out and just asked for my help at the bottom where the design was more difficult to cut precisely.
For Brady I drew out a Storm trooper design and once he was happy with it I helped him carve it out.
Both their pumpkins turned out great and they loved having them glowing at night.
1 comment:
Love the pumpkins
Post a Comment