Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wedding

This past weekend Dave's baby sister Krista got married. We had a great time celebrating with her and Mason. The wedding took place in a beautiful backyard and the weather was perfect with a nice cool breeze to keep us from getting hot.


The night before the wedding we had a dinner with both families and I was asked to bring some cookies and homemade ice cream. I tried out a new recipe for the chocolate chip cookies and they turned out so amazing. Soft and chewy, perfect in every way. The ice cream recipe I tried on the other hand didn't quite work like I expected. I was given a Carmel pecan recipe to make and for some reason I couldn't get it to freeze in the Ice Cream maker so I resorted to just throwing it in the freezer and pulling it out every couple hours and hand churning it. And even after 6+ hours in the freezer set to the coldest setting possible it was still only soft serve consistency. I was told it still tasted great but I don't really know why it never froze.

 Nathan was asked to help take the presents and to make sure the guest all took a pair of sunglasses when the arrived.
                                              Little boys and bow ties are the best.
                                                    The happy couple, Krista and Mason.
And for your viewing pleasure a little clip of Brady dancing, I love that he was so into the music he could have cared less about anything else that was going on...


1 comment: