Tuesday, March 8, 2016

5 Months

WOW, 5months. Wasn't it just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. For all the struggles we had early on it is so wonderful to see him thriving now. Of course that has meant going to just formula but I can't complain because he is just so much happier now. And growing, boy is he growing. A few weeks before he turned 5 months I had to pull out all his 6 month clothes since he has gotten to long for the 3 month outfits. At 4 1/2 months he was 13lbs 5oz and 25inches long. Looks like I have another tall boy on my hands. Yesterday he finally figured out how to roll from his tummy to his back. He has been trying for a couple months now and of course I missed it the first time. I had laid him down on his belly and then Brady needed me so I left the room for a minute, maybe, and when I walked back in he was on his back tugging on his toys. I also introduced him to rice cereal a few days ago. From what I understand adding rice starch cam make a difference in babies with acid reflux. since it is heavier and settles in their stomachs better. There is actually a formula specifically designed for acid reflux that has rice starch added. Since the current recommendation is to introduce solids between 4-6 months depending on their readiness I decided to give it a go. It took him a  few tries but eventually he figured out it was food and excitedly would open his mouth for more.











1 comment:

Julie/Mom said...

He has changed so much in the last month! The lighting is making his hair look a bit red. :)