Monday, July 13, 2015

4th of July


This year for the 4th we headed to the cabin for the weekend. We got up Friday the 3rd and drove to New Melones Lake where we joined Uncle Dennis and Family for some boating and lake fun. Being pregnant this summer I spent most of my time in the shade just watching the kids. Nathan has finally really taken to swimming and spent most of his time in the water. We did go for a boat ride to watch the other kids tube, but I couldn't convince Nathan or Brady to give it a try. Dave also took both boys for a ride on one of the jet skis. Nathan thought that was fun and even asked to go again. Brady on the other hand just kept repeating to me that it was too fast. Brady is still really cautious around water and I was surprised to see him actually get in and start to play.






Shortly after I took these pictures we had a scary reminder about water safety. Just because I child is wearing a life jacket doesn't mean they can't get in serious trouble. I was sitting down under the shade talking to the other adults. Scanning between both Brady and Nathan. I not sure how long my eyes were off of Brady but I turned to check on him and he had some how flipped with his head facing away from the shore. His face was fully submerged in the water and he was flailing both his legs and arms struggling to get his head up. Of course that is when I panicked and raced to his aid pulling him out of the water where he proceeded to cough up some water and just cry. I don't really know what went wrong but for some reason because of the shallow water, waves, and the way he was struggling the life jacket wasn't able to flip him over into his back. I am just glad I noticed so quickly what was happening because it could have ended much more tragically.
After we were done at the lake we drove to the cabin for the night.
The next morning Grandpa Griffith offered to take Nathan fishing( Nathan had asked months early to go). Nathan was super excited to go. and while he was out with grandpa he lost his first tooth.

The plan for the rest of us was to spend sometime at Pinecrest lake. Unfortunately since it was the 4th the place was packed and no one could find parking. Dave ended up going early and trying to save a spot on the beach while the rest of us were dropped off by the car load to join him. The kids did enjoy some time in the water but over all it was a much too crowded to really enjoy ourselves. next year we will be avoiding Pinecrest on the 4th. After lunch Grandpa took the boys to the lower part of the property and let them shoot a BB gun he brought. both Brady and Nathan liked it and they had a great time shooting at cans and bottles. We spent one more night and then packed up and headed home Sunday. As always we had a great time at the cabin but we sure we're tried by the time we got home.

No comments: