Thursday, August 8, 2013

Griffith Family Reunion 2013- Day 1 and 2

Last week we joined all of Dave's immediate family at the cabin for 5 days of fun. Nathan had a blast hanging out with all of his cousins and we were all worn out and ready to be home by Sunday. The first day mostly consisted of travel. We left right after lunch and drove to Sonora where we stopped for dinner and to grab a few groceries.We arrived at the cabin early Wednesday evening. The drive up was  rough this time because Brady cried the whole way. 3+ hours of a fussy baby is enough to wear anyone out. I never really could figure out why he was crying other then he really didn't want to be in the car seat. That night he didn't sleep very well but the next day we were mostly back to normal and he slept great all the other nights.
Thursday we started the morning off with a treasure hunt created by Grandma Griffith and Aunt Brianna. It was Mario brothers themed and the kids had a blast finding the clues and participating in all the activities. Grandma even made all the kids a super hero cape to wear while on the treasure hunt. Nathan loved his cape and even asked to wear it to bed that night.


After lunch we headed over to Pinecrest lake with the boat and enjoyed some time trying out Stand Up Paddle boards. We had lots of fun, well at least until the end when Dave decided that I needed to get in the water because my hair was still dry. I was sitting on paddle board with the oar laying across it when he flipped me off. I didn't realize that I didn't have the oar in my hands until I came up from under the water. They are suppose to "float" but when I looked around for it I saw it sinking below the water. I lunged for it but I think I pushed it down even farther. We searched for a long time but eventually had to give up, it was just too deep. Unfortunately that meant we needed to pay for the missing oar and they charge a exuberant fee, boo! oh well that is just life sometimes, we had fun anyways.

                                                Nathan with Uncle Taylor
             



Brady and I enjoying floating on the paddle-board. Brady kept rocking back and forth trying to get me to go faster!



No comments: