Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 4: Fantasyland

Thursday we were able to get into Disneyland 1 hr early so we decided to take advantage of the smaller crowd and get in as many rides as possible in Fantasyland. On our way into the park several Disney characters were waiting to greet all the guest. Nathan was happy to finally get to meet Mickey Mouse.



 We then made our way into Fantasyland and immediately got into line for Peter pan since it always has the longest line. I wanted to make sure Nathan had a chance to experience peter pan since I still think it is the best ride in Fantasyland. It  was a great start to the morning. Nathan loved it and was excited to ride the other rides. We had fun going from one ride to the next. The crowd was small enough that we were able to ride over 8 rides in just a couple hrs. Nathan loved all the rides there, even Snow White's scary adventure which I thought he would hate. I even rode the tea cups twice with him, although that might have been a mistake since I spent the rest of the day fighting off motion sickness. Dave and I took turns riding the Matterhorn taking advantage of the single rider line. It  took less then 10 minutes for both of us to get a turn on the bobsleds.
                                                       Sleeping Beauty's Castle
                                                           Adorable cousin Leah!

                                  First time on the teacups with both of the boys.


                          Nathan would only ride Dumbo if he was with Aidan.
               So Dave and I rode a different Dumbo with Brady.

                   Waiting to ride the Casey Jr. Train.





Second time on the tea cups this time with Cameo and Logan.





By 11:30 the crowds in Fantasyland started to get long so we decided to move on to Toontown. Goofy was meeting guest near the entrance so Nathan jumped in line with Grandma. He really did love meeting all the Disney characters.




We ate some lunch with my parents and then got in line for the go coaster. About half way through the line Nathan decided he didn't want to ride the roller coaster. But since we had already waited through most of the line we made him ride it anyways( I know we are so mean ). Grandma stayed with Brady while we rode Roger Rabbit.

                   Brady getting a chance to crawl around in Goofy's Playhouse.


A few of us had fast passes for Space mountain so we hurried over to meet up with them. Then we went on a few more rides in Tomorrowland. I finally got a chance to ride on Autotopia with Nathan and of course we had to do Buzz Lightyear again. The crowds started to get really bad and it sure seemed to be a lot of teenagers. We later learned it was senior grad night for some and they let a lot of the seniors in early. We decided to head over to California Adventure to see if the crowds were any better.

Once there Nathan and I searched for some ice cream while Dave did a little birthday shopping for Nathan. Dave was able to purchase a birthday present for Nathan and have it sent to our Hotel for us to pick up later. We then headed back over to Cars Land for dinner and Nathan finally got to meet McQueen.






We were pretty tired by now from 3 days of walking but I really wanted to make sure Nathan got to experience the toy story ride. The line was really long. It would have been nice if there was a fastpass option. We did eventually make it through the 45+ minute line and it was so worth it. It ended up being Nathan's favorite ride and when it was over he wanted to stay in and ride again. I would have to agree the ride was awesome. You basically wear 3D glasses while the ride stops in front of different screens and you play carnival games. Nathan loved pulling back on the string to shoot at all the different targets.
We were all too tired to wait in line again so we headed back to the hotel to relax and get the kids to bed.

                              
                                                     Hailey, Corey, Yoli, and Leah

No comments: