Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 3: California Adventure's Magical Moment

It took us all morning to finish with Cars land. After Lunch Dave and I ran over to Tower of Terror, while Kerri and Adam took the boys to bugs land. I love Tower of Terror. Really I can't explain why, but something about the way it drops has me laughing the whole time. Afterwards my Dad joined the Rowlands and Us on the Grizzly rapids. Nathan wasn't to thrilled with the ride but Aidan loved it and rode it twice since we were able to use the ride swap passes. My Dad, Kerri and I rode the second time with Aidan and he let us know ahead of time about all the different drops. It was a great way to cool off but some how I seemed to get the most wet.
We then rode the Little Mermaid ride and headed to the Pier, but Nathan was not interested in any of those rides so we decided to head across the park the the Monster's inc ride. And that is when the most magical part of our day happened. As we were walking towards the ride Pluto crossed our path. Once Nathan saw him he jumped out of the stroller and raced after him. Luckily my Dad was still with us and he was able to follow Nathan until I could catch up. Once Pluto arrived at his destination Nathan was able to get in line to meet him. While we were waiting for his turn he noticed all the other kids were getting Pluto's autograph. Finally we made it to the front of the line and Nathan excitedly gave Pluto a big hug and could hardly keep himself from bouncing. Seriously I never realized how important it was for Nathan to meet Pluto until that moment. After taking a couple pictures I told Nathan to say bye to Pluto and he got really quiet and upset, and started saying he needed Pluto to sign something. I felt bad that I didn't have anything on me since I had raced after Nathan and left the stroller and bags behind with Dave. But then the cast member that was standing with Pluto told Nathan she would find something and took him by his hand and walked around looking for a park map for Pluto to sign. My Dad was able to pull his map out and then she brought a sharpie and took Nathan back to the front of the line so that he could get Pluto's autograph. The look on Nathan's face was priceless. It made his whole day and really it made mine too. I was just so impressed that they cared enough to really interact and create a magical moment for Nathan.








Once we were done meeting Pluto we headed straight to the Disney Junior show. Nathan loved the show!  I am sure every kid who watches Disney Junior will love this show. Nathan stayed standing the whole time and really got involved with all the actions.

Finally after the show we made it to the Monster's inc ride. Another great one for Nathan. After a full day at the park my parents were nice enough to watch all our boys while Jeremy, Cameo, Kerri, Adam, Dave, and I went to dinner at the Blue Bayou inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. We rode the Monorail into the park for dinner. While we were waiting on the platform we started chatting a little with one of the workers and when the Monorail arrived she asked if we would like to ride in the back. She enter a code into the door and let us pile into the back. It was fun to get the opportunity to experience the monorail in a new way. One inside the park we made our way over to the restaurant and enjoyed the food and company. It really is amazing how they can make the place feel like it is outside in the bayou(minus the mosquitoes) even though it is all indoors.
We then met back up with my parents to pick up Nathan and head back to California Adventure to watch World of Color. It is pretty amazing what then can do with lights and water.







It was late by the time the show was over and Nathan was so tired that he didn't even make it back to the hotel before falling asleep.




I would say that it was a successful and magical day!

No comments: