Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snow Trip

Last weekend we headed to the family cabin to enjoy a small getaway to play in the snow. My parents, Kerri and family, and a family that we use to live near in Idaho joined us for some fun. We left Thursday night with my parents and got to the cabin after nine. It was really cold when we got there so after a couple hours we got both boys in bed. Unfortunately Brady didn't sleep great all weekend so I was pretty tired  but it was still nice to relax a little. Friday my Dad and Dave worked on some plumbing issues and then we enjoyed some pizza from a local joint near the cabin. Then Dad and Nathan worked on shoveling snow of the drive way while Dave and I took a much needed nap. Kerri and Family arrived Friday evening and Our friends the Sommers arrived Saturday morning. After getting our fill of lunch we got all the kids ready to play in the snow and then headed out. The weather was really nice, but since it had been relatively warm up there most of the snow was gone around the cabin so we had to drive several miles to Dodge Ridge to fine a place to go sledding. It took a while to get Nathan warmed up to the idea of sledding. We did get him to go down with us a few times but we could never convince him to try the big hill. He really always has been my cautious child.
Unfortunately later that evening I started feeling really sick and ended up with some type of stomach bug. My Dad got the same illness. And even though I tried to avoid contact with others I am afraid others ended up sick also. Kind of a bummer way to end the vacation but I think over all everyone had a great time.
























1 comment:

Audra said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!! love the pictures!!! miss ya!