Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Kerri invited us up to Vallejo to spend the day at Six Flag's Discovery Kingdom with them. I have been looking forward to this day for a month and I was determined to have a great time even though I was pregnant. The day finally arrived yesterday and even though the forecast said it was going to be hot I still really wanted to take Nathan, so we headed up in the morning so we could take advantage of the park for the whole day. And boy was it hot! I was very glad there was plenty of opportunities for me to just sit down and watch the kids enjoy the rides. I was also grateful that Kerri was so willing to go on the rides with Nathan that required him to be accompanied by an adult since I was not allowed on any of the rides. We Started out the morning by first checking out the tigers and elephants. The elephants are always a favorite of mine and Nathan was just as thrilled to watched an elephant swimming in her huge swimming hole. He was even making his elephant noise, so cute! After walking by a few more animals the kids were all very excited to get on a few rides.




 Then it was time for the Killer Whale show so we headed to the stadium where the kids ate some lunch and we just relaxed in the shade.


                                          Nathan was mesmerized by Shouka
After The show we enjoyed some yummy mexican food and then head over to another young kid section. They enjoyed riding the train and a few other rides and then we let them play in the water for a while.


After the water they had a blast riding more rides. Nathan's favorite was the little train. I think he would have been happy riding it all day.



Finally it was time for the Dolphin show. Everyone enjoyed sharing some frozen lemonade(the perfect treat for the hot weather) and a churro.

After the show the kids still wanted to go on a few more rides. So I found a nice shaded bench while Kerri, Adam, and my mom took them around to a few more rides.
 Little 2 yr old Liam was the most fearless and begged to ride every ride even the ones he was much too small for.


After the park we headed to a Mongolian BBQ restaurant for dinner and it was really good. We then headed home and didn't get back until around 10pm. I was so tired but it was all worth it, Thanks Kerri for inviting us!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful time!!