Thursday, December 15, 2011

The most wonderful time of year

A couple weeks ago I found myself completely over whelmed by Christmas. I hadn't done any shopping and was feeling the pending need to get packages out in the mail. It really felt as if time was moving much too fast and I was still moving in slow motion. I tried doing Christmas shopping at several stores and always seemed to leave empty handed. We have been so busy the last few weeks that I have been feeling as if I have been neglecting Nathan and maybe that is why he has been throwing so many tantrums. I really wish I had been able to plan out a daily advent calender like my sister and do a Christmas activity every day with him. Maybe next year.
I was happy when a friend invited us over to decorate sugar cookies and jumped on the opportunity not only to let Nathan play with some of his best friends but also to do something for Christmas. The kids sure had fun playing  and I had a good time just talking with friends.







2 comments:

Kirstin said...

I feel you. This year it seems like Christmas has crept up way too quickly. Nathan is getting bigger and bigger, and cuter and cuter each post.

Julie/Mom said...

I agree he gets cuter with every picture I see. Can't wait to see you in Jan. :)