Wow it sure has been a while since i have posted anything. We have had a busy few weeks.Thanksgiving was great this year. Dave's cousin was getting married down in Utah Saturday after thanksgiving so Dave's parents and sister come a few days early to our place to join us for thanksgiving. We also had some friends over and I must say the food all turned out wonderful. I was a little nervous because I have only cooked a turkey once before but I was happy it turned out great and the dark meat was so good!
That night my SIL, MIL, and I decided to do a little black friday shopping and so we headed over to walmart around 10 and it was a complete madhouse. They had most of the side isles blocked off so everyone in town was trying to walk down the same main isle. We were able to push our selves through to find most of the items we had headed there for. Then we got in line to check out which ended up going around most of the building. Brianna and Brenda were nice enough to send me home so I could get some sleep since I knew Nathan would be up early. They stayed in line for another 45min and bought all of our stuff. I have never done that kind of black friday shopping before and I must admit the crowds were a bit overwhelming. I think I may try again next year but I plan to be a little more prepared about what I want to get everyone for Christmas so I can be a little more prepared to take advantage of all the awesome deals.
Friday morning I spent a little more time out shopping with Brenda and Brianna while Nathan stayed with Grandpa and watched Cars 2. He really loves that movie and pretty much anything to do with cars. Recently he has been asking to go to bed with a handful of his favorite car toys. After lunch Dave's family headed down to Utah. Dave got home around 5 from delivering and so we headed down for the wedding. We had a great time staying with my grandparents in Provo. Saturday morning we left Nathan with my grandparents while we were at the Provo temple for the wedding. Nathan really took a liking to both of them. After the wedding we headed up to Sandy to meet Jeremy, Cameo, and Logan in Sandy to visit the aquarium. Nathan just loved running from fish tank to fish tank. I was glad we were able to spend some time with Jeremy and family even if it was only for a couple hours. We then headed back to Orem to go to the wedding reception where Nathan had a blast running around and dancing. He even pulled me to the dance floor once so that I would dance with him. Sometimes it seems like the kid has an endless source of energy. He never acts tired even though he had been running at full speed all night. Finally at 9 we headed back to my grandparents and the moment we got in the house Nathan was ready for bed. He actually wanted to get his jammies on and then wanted to give grandma and grandpa a kiss and then asked to go to bed. Sunday morning we headed home and relaxed for a few hours that evening before the craziness of the month of December started.
I really do like Christmas but because Dave's job gets crazy the month of December can be a bit long and stressful. He was so busy this thursday that he made me drive to Wyoming and help him. Can't say that is a job I ever want to have.
I did manage to get the inside of the house decorate for Christmas this week and even went into town and bought a Christmas tree one of the nights that Dave was out late. Now all we need to go is put up the outside lights and we are ready for the Season. Nathan has already figures out how to turn on the tree lights and will turn them on anytime he finds them off. He also is completely obsessed with the ornaments and we have had a few tantrums because I won't let him play with the horses on the tree.
This is how I plan to spend the month of December. Enjoying the glow of the festive lights and the warmth of a glowing fire.
2 comments:
Fun Thanksgiving! I wish I'd known you were coming down here--our kids would have had a great time playing! Glad your turkey turned out well--it's so stressful cooking one sometimes. :) And I don't know if you're brave or crazy tackling Wal-mart on Black Friday. :)
It looks lovely! I hope that you have a wonderful and not-too-crazy December!
Post a Comment