1. Went to Nathan's six month appointment. He is doing great. He is much more aware of what is going on now and was very upset with the nurses for poking him! He needed a lot of cuddle time afterwards.
2. Thursday we went over to our friends place for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone brought a little food and it was delicious. I made crescent rolls for the first time and even though they weren't picture perfect they tasted great.
3.I had the day off on friday so I decided it was the perfect time for me to get a Christmas tree. This year I just went to the local grocery store and found a tree I liked for less than $30. I do miss the days of going to a tree farm and cutting down a tree but they just don't have any in this area. Well, not any that grow trees that I would consider christmas trees.
4. I didn't get the tree decorated until sunday night. Nathan has been running a fever on and off and has needed a lot of cuddling. And it is very hard to decorate one handed. Hopefully now that his second tooth has cut through he will feel better for a while.
5.I finally got around to getting a Jumper for Nathan. It took me longer than I planned finding one I liked for a good deal. I got it delivered today and put it together. It is amazing how entertained he is by the whole thing. I was even able to do some cleaning while he played until he was so tired he fell asleep almost as soon has I pulled him out.
6. Saturday I was finally able to go and see New Moon. Dave decided last week he didn't want to go, so while he was working on his Fedex van I found a wonderful friend who was willing to watch Nathan for me. It was the first time I have gone to see a movie by myself but it was well worth it for some down time.
7. After trying several times Dave and I finally decided we would go to the late showing of The Blind side on Saturday. Every time we tried to see the film last week the tickets were sold out. We took Nathan with us, unfortunately it was his bedtime and he wouldn't fall asleep in the theater. I ended up watching most of the film from the walkway. Finally by the end he was too tired to fight it any longer and stayed asleep through the car ride and placing him into the crib.
8. I loved the movie and I really think it is one of the best movies of the year! It was clean and uplifting. If I wasn't so focused on Nathan I am sure I would have been crying. Really makes you want to be a better person.
9. Two sundays ago they formed a new ward from the three salem wards here. I think we lost about 2/3 of the people in our ward into the new ward. So we have a much smaller ward now. It is amazing to see the church grow.
10. This is my favorite time of year! Merry Christmas everyone!
2 comments:
We loved Blindside, too. GREAT movie! And I liked New Moon SO much better than Twilight. Now if they could just go back and redo that one... (and maybe recast Edward)
How about a picture of Nathan in his new jumper!! and maybe of his 2 new teeth. You know how I love pictures.
Post a Comment