Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Yes, I am pregnant! We are expecting our new arrival around May 22nd. I had my first doctors appointment today and I was relieved to find out the baby looks healthy on the ultrasound.

2. This past weekend Dave got worried that we may be having twins, because I had a dream about it. I told him it was because we had been talking about the odds of having twins right before I went to bed. With several twins in the family anything is possible. Lucky for Dave the ultrasound showed just one baby!

3.Unfortunately I usually feel a little nauseous all day long but it gets worse at night or if I don't eat when I am hungry. And for some unknown reason I no longer sleep well at night, hopefully me body will adjust soon because I really need a good night sleep.

4.Went and saw Eagle eye last friday. It was very good!

5. yuck! it snowed all weekend. It has all melted, but it sure is cold now. I have to break up the layer of ice in the water trough every morning for the horses.

6. I worked for the emergency clinic Saturday. It was really slow, I think no one really wanted to drive in the snow.

7. I have been having a real craving for milk, especially chocolate. It is one of the few things that taste good going down when I am so nauseous.

8. Took Millie to Idaho Falls tonight to ride in an arena with Cindy near her place. Discovered that all though Millie is good on the trail, she has no experience in an arena and had a hard time figuring out what to do. Jolene is going to try to spend some more time with me and Millie to teach her a little better.

9. Its a good thing it is getting too cold to ride, because I won't be able to ride in a couple more months anyways. Dave gets a little worried when I ride now.

10. Finally got around to shaving Frodo again, just in time for it to turn cold. He looks so much better now, but I had to put on his jacket because he was always shivering.

6 comments:

Kerri said...

You should ask Adam how much strawberry milk I drank when I was pregnant! Did you ask your doctor for Medicine for your nausea? I wished I had asked the doctor sooner, instead of suffering for months. Not that the metaclopramide did much. I probably should have asked to try I different type.

Kristy said...

Fenergrine (sp?) worked great for me. Also, I found that animal crackers or graham crackers were much better than saltines for the all-day queasiness. Good luck! And congratulations again!

cameo said...

I keep telling Jeremy that when we get pregnant (which is not now) that we could have twins because my grandpa was a twin and well, you're a twin. It doesn't make him very happy.

Kristin Hanson said...

Try taking 1/2 of a B6 pill and 1/2 of a Unisom before bed. It knocked me out and I wasn't nauseated when I woke up the next morning. I also drank a lot of caffeine free Coke, well, sipped it. For some reason it really helped to calm down my tummy. I guess that Kathy gave Coke syrup to Dave when he had tummy aches.

Anyways, I'm so excited for you!!!

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Congratulations Terri! Spring babies are the best! I wish you a happy and healthy nine months!

Lynn said...

Congrats!! How wonderful that Aidan will have a cousin so close to his own age! Can't wait to read the updates!