1. Dave and I left for our vacation saturday morning. We drove ten hours to Reno and stayed in the circus circus for two nights.
2. Just for some entertainment we took a few dollars and played the slot machines. I of course didn't make much. I did win about 50 off of one dollar, but of course I played all that away. the next time I played a couple quarters and won 45 dollars, I was a little smarter and cashed out. Dave on the other hand won nearly $500, he sure has all the luck!
3.Monday morning we made the 2 hr drive to Bullards Bar. After getting the houseboat all loaded we found a great spot to anchor and spent the week playing in the water. I was glad that my parents and sister and family all made it. maybe next year we can plan for a week when more people will be able to come!
4. I did a lot of surfing and I actually feel really comfortable on the board now. I am much more willing to try doing tricks surfing because sit doesn't hurt when I fall. I did some wakeboarding but like always I had a pretty hard fall, ouch.
5. Got up friday morning and drove the houseboat back to the dock and made our 12 hr trip back to rexburg. We got back at around 11:30 and all the animals we very happy to see us.
6. We very lucky to have Brianna available to stay at our house while we were gone. that way the dogs didn't have to stay at the Kennels all week and the cat got her antibiotics. She did learn how neurotic my dog is and called me tuesday because frodo hadn't been eating. no worries though, he doesn't always eat even when I am around!
7. Slept in Saturday morning, needed to recover from the long drive the day before.
8. Went over to Brad and Jolene's in the afternoon so I could ride Millie. It was my first time on her and I had a lot of fun. For a short time Millie actually did her gait and wow it was smooth. Jolene took some pics , so as soon as she sends them I will post a couple.
9. Spent tuesday cleaning the house and getting caught back up from a week off.
10. Tuesday afternoon Jolene taught me how to hook up her goose neck trailer and then had me drive in a parking lot practicing backing up, turning, etc. After the lesson we loaded Millie and Sunny up in the trailer and I drove them over to our house. I was very pleased to learn that Millie is very easy to load in a trailer. Now we once again have a couple horses in our pasture.
1 comment:
Jeremy keeps saying/whining that every family vacation you guys have had he hasn't been able to go. We wish we could have made it.
Post a Comment