Sunday, August 24, 2008

Millie


A Family we know here asked Dave on Wednesday if we wanted to buy one of their horses at a very low price. Dave asked me if I was interested, like I was ever going to say no. So Thursday I went and pulled out a little cash that I had saved up and was the owner of a Beautiful black mare. Her name is Millennium (we just call her Millie). She is a registered Tennessee Walker. Which means she is a gaited horse(just means that she has other gaits besides the trot and lope). Tennesses are suppose to have a really smooth gaited trot. She is around 5 years old. Unfortunately her old family has not been able to afford her care for the past year and is a little neglected. I hope to get her 100% healthy in the next month. She needs her hooves worked on, some meat on her body, and a bath.



For those of you who have known me I have talked about owning horses since high school, so I am pretty excited!!

I also plan on purchasing Miss's baby in the spring. I will get the opportunity to train him from the time he is born. I am very excited to learn.

Miss with Scotch(white). He is the Father.

6 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

I think Millie is already a beautiful horse. She will be even more beautiful when she is at 100% healthy and given a bath.

Julie/Mom said...

By the way, black colored horses have always been my favorite color horse.

Annette said...

Oh, she's beautiful Terri. I can't wait to see riding pictures next. Congratulations!

Kerri said...

Will you take me riding when I come out to Visit! How exciting to finally own a horse. She is beautiful.
Adam would like to go tubing so I guess you should bring it along if you feel up to it.
Who all is coming and how many days do you need us to bring food. So we can start planning.

Kristy said...

So fun! My grandparents had Tennessee Walkers when I was little and they were great!

k8esk8e said...

That is so cool!!! I am uber jealous. I've wanted a horse since I was about 10. Anyways, I wanted to tell you too, when piper saw the picture (shes sitting on my lap) she got way excited and stayed cooing at it. yay for horses!!!!