Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I agreed to play for one of my coworkers in thursdays softball game. She normally plays catcher so I tried out that position. I really am a terrible player, and I think Dave spent the whole time worrying that I was going to get hit by a bat. But not to worry I was so afraid of the ball I didn't even catch it most of the time. I discovered one other draw back with playing catcher, the getting up and down really worked out some muscles I haven't used in a very long time. So by friday morning I was so sore it hurt to walk.

2. Randalynn arrived in Idaho Thursday for a weeked visit. Friday night Randalynn, Jesse and Louisa, Brianna, and Dave and I got together for dinner at Applebees. We then all went to the Riot Zone for some go carts. It was a lot of fun driving around the track. Ony got into one wreck on the track when a car in font of me spun out and came to a stop. This caused me to slam into the car and stop which caused Louisa to rear end me. I was already so sore from softball, I didn't even notice any new pain.

3. Saturday we all went to the Lake along with Brianna's good friend Jen. It was nice to be able to take the dogs along, although I think the heat may have tired them out. Our nephew Miles really is a water baby and tried the whole time to get into the water.

4. The water was still pretty cold, but much better then last week. Brianna had thought ahead and rented a couple of wet suits. One just happened to be my size and it really did make a difference. I think we may have to consider buying some. It was great to get to surf again. It took me several times to refigure out what I was doing. Brianna and Jen were the only ones who also did some wakeboarding.

5. After we got back everyone came over to the house for a BBQ. Jesse took Miles on our riding lawn mower. It was nice to get our lawn mowed.

6. I was so tired by Sunday I just had to take a nap. I am always so worried about getting dinner made I never feel like I can take a nap, but I could barley keep my eyes open. I slept until 5:00, so we had dinner a little later then normal.

7. Still am trying to get our lawn to look nice. There are way to many yellow spots. It is so hard to cover that much area. half the time we only have enough water pressure to run one hose. So whenever we are home we have a sprinkler going. Hopefully the lawn will be nice and green soon.

8. Barney discovered on friday that he could get out of the fence if he went over to our neighbors chainlink. all he had to do was lean into the chainlink and it would bend enough for him to squeeze around our wood post. Dave managed to wired the chainlink to our fence, so he hasn't been able to get out anymore. not that he doesn't keep on trying.

9. I am really enjoying the summer weather, I can't believe that it's already almost July. This summer is going to go by way to fast!

10. I had planted some flowers in the pot that use to have my rose bush( it didn't survive the winter). A few of them got fried by the sun, so I moved them into a spot that is mostly shade. I hope that they recover alright. I am not much of a green thumb. I pretty much kill everything I try to grow. Oh well, at least I try.

No comments: