Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I was needed for the whole softball game on Wednesday. I am really bad at batting. Luckily I got walked one of the times I was up to bat. We lost, but it was still fun.

2. I still can't believe that it is the second week of June and has been staying below 60. Windy, cold and wet! I am so ready for summer weather.

3. It was so windy Friday night that all the pretty pink flowers on the tree in our front yard blew off. And it was getting so pretty, well at least the ones in the back still have flowers.

4. Spent all week stressing about my talk for Sunday. I was glad I was able to write it by Tuesday. Dave was even more nervous than me, so I offered to help him write his. Soon helping him turned into me preparing a second talk. By Sunday morning I was feeling so sick I just wanted to stay home.

5. I was shaking pretty hard at the pulpit and my mouth was dry. I was embarrassed that like always I started to cry. I just can't seem to control myself when I am that nervous. Dave was glad that I was able to take up 15 min, even with my speed reading. Everyone seemed to enjoy our talks, even though I thought mine was a mess. A few people even thanked us so messages must have done some good.

6. Spent the rest of the day reading The Host. I loved that book! It was painful to put it down long enough to make dinner. I was drawn in from the very beginning. It has a great message on what it truly means to be human and the power of the human bond. I think it may just be my favorite book, Stephanie Meyer sure can write.

7. Did some weeding last night will Dave mowed the lawn. The weeds have gotten pretty bad, especially in the back garden. I just can't motivate myself to weed when it is raining. I need warm weather to stay outside for long.

8. They finally have started the fence for our backyard. I am excited that by tomorrow night the dogs will have a yard to run in. They will love it.

9. Went this morning to get my hair cut, it was starting to get out of control. It's nice to have my hair thinned out again, much more manageable.

10. It snowed today in Wyoming on Dave's route. yuck!

No comments: