Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Was sad on Sunday to learn about the Death of our beloved Prophet. President Hinckley has done so much for the church. At least now he has been reunited with his dear wife.

2. I worked Sunday for the Emergency Clinic. The tech who normally works sunday went on vacation and they couldn't find anyone else to cover the shift. I had to get up at 5:30am, it was a very tiring 12 hours, why is it always so busy when I work.

3.well it actually warmed up for a few days, i loved when it was in the 30's, it even rained instead of snowed sunday night.

4. the warm weather was too good to last very long. a huge storm hit yesterday. the wind was so strong that it caused whiteout conditions while it snowed.

5. Didn't have any power yesterday morning. It is so dark at 6:30 that I felt like I was groping through the dark even with a lantern in tow.

6. Once again Dave got stuck in wyoming. Some how he made it through the death road(us26)to wyoming before it closed at 8:00am. He even got blown off the road while driving the dangerous stretch. He was only able to deliver 3 packages until the weather turned into a dangerous whiteout and he had to stop at a motel for the day. I checked the online report this morning and so far it looks like us26 is open so hopefully he will make it home tonight.

7.I must admit I don't like be home alone, at least now I have the animals to keep me company.

8.Dave's Fedex van broke last week, now he has to drive a budget truck. Luckly the van part is under warranty. Unfortunatly that means it has to go down to Salt Lake for the repair. so perhaps we will be down in Salt Lake saturday to pick up the van. I do hope that it is fixed by then, Dave hates using the rental.

9.I was so gald I didn't have to work this morning. It gave me a chance to catch up on my sleep I missed on Sunday.

10. now I am all ready for an afternoon of work.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

If you do come down to Salt Lake let me know maybe we can visit for lunch or something. And that storm was bad here too. Wind and Snow. FUN!!!

Terri Griffith said...

I was planning on calling you! I'll keep you updated if we end up in Salt Lake.

Kirstin said...

Sounds like you've had a tough week. Wow! Weather, your husband being gone for scary reasons, and having to work crazy hours!! What a trooper! I hope this week goes better for you.