Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Hawaii

Finally In November. Dave and I were able to take a vacation just the two of us to Hawaii. We ended up going the week of Thanksgiving and had an amazing time. I booked everything through Costco. It ended up that the best deal was for us to visit two Islands. Since we still hadn't been able to move into our new home we decided to drive the kids to Utah to stay with my parents and then flew out of Salt Lake City. We flew to Honolulu, Oahu on Sunday the 24th. We checked into our hotel and then had dinner at Duke's.

 We spent Monday morning visiting Pearl Harbor. We weren't able to get tickets to visit the USS Arizona Memorial so we took a tour of the Battleship Missouri.



 After we Drove to the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie. We explored the grounds a little and then attended a Luau. After the Luau we took the tram over to the temple and visited the grounds. It was Beautiful.


 Tuesday  morning we went on a  ocean  snorkel cruise. We were suppose to see dolphins but of course with our luck after a couple hours a looking they never showed up and we stooped on the coast for some snorkeling and lunch. this is when I discovered the snorkeling makes me super motion sick. Dave also ended up getting sick and we both skipped the lunch and spent the ride back to shore miserable.  Once back on land we rested in our hotel room and ordered some pizza. We soon were feeling better and we spent the rest of our time relaxing on the beach and shopping.

Wednesday morning we flew to Maui and checked into the Royal Lahaina Resort. We had a beach side cottage and it was the best. We got then went and got some massages. It was the best massage I've ever had. We spent the next few days relaxing at the beach, trying out some of the local food places, and taking a short hike to a waterfall.
                                                       
                                                              Kaanapali, Hawaii
                                                              I loved this beach!

 Twin Falls On the Hana Road
I took my sneakers off here to cross a small stream and some how managed to drop one into the water never to be seen again. thankfully I had my flip flops in the backpack so I didn't have to go barefoot on the trail back.

 Leoda's Kitchen and Pie shop
 Our rental car!


The highlight of our whole trip ended up being a helicopter ride we took on Maui. It was absolutely breathtaking. I loved every minute of the ride!













We left Maui late Saturday night and made it back to Salt Lake City early Sunday morning. We stayed the night to recover from the flight and then drove home Monday morning. What an amazing trip and we both look forward to going back someday.

While Dave and I were having fun in Hawaii the boys had a great time with Grandma and Papa.

                                                A visit to the Butterfly Biosphere.




                                                   Nathan asked to go Geocaching.



 The boys were excited for snow and volunteered to help shoveled the driveway.








                                                        Making sugar cookies with Papa.



                                                           Sledding with cousins.



No comments: