Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Two Months

Wow, I can't believe how fast the past two months have gone. We are still struggling with his weight but overall Colin is doing so much better. A few days after returning from Utah I took him to the doctor just to check his weight and to make sure he was still gaining since I had weaned him down to just one bottle of formula a day. Unfortunately he was actually down 2oz from where he was two weeks prior. After talking with his pediatrician she was concerned that he just wasn't getting enough calories and he was very thin. I talked to her about acid reflux and all of Colin's symptoms. Such as poor sleep, spitting up after every feeding, gas, fussy all of the time, when awake he always seemed uncomfortable, he was never just content. She wanted me to offer him a new sensitive formula after every feeding to try and get more calories and agreed to start him on some zantac for the reflux. And almost over night he was a whole new baby. now he only spits up every once in a while and he no longer spends all his time crying. It is such a relief to see him relax and be content. We recheck his weight 5 days later and he had gained 10oz which was huge compared to his previous growth.
Yesterday I took him in for his official 2 month appointment and he had only gained another 1.5oz since his last visit a week ago. So now I am giving him a more calorie dense formula and a larger quantity after each feeding. She still really wants me to breastfeed but I am starting to wonder how long I can keep doing both. Over all I think he is doing so much better and it has been so nice to finally have a happy growing(even if it is slow) baby. He now usually does one longer 5-6hr stretch of sleep at night and he actually naps during the day. I have been having him nap in the swing since he seems to sleep better during the day in it, probably because it keeps his head elevated and helps with the reflux. Now just to get some weight onto him!





No comments: