Friday, August 7, 2015

Dickson Family Reunion

Last Monday we got up early and drove from Mesquite, NV and headed to Antimony, UT for the Dickson Family reunion at Rockin R Ranch. Overall I think everyone had a good time, especially the kids. Dave was disappointed since they ended up being pretty restrictive about the horse back riding. He was pretty bored with the trail ride, I guess we have had just too much experience riding in the back country on our own. I couldn't do much because riding a horse at 7 months pregnant would have been a bad idea. I have been having a lot more pain this time around and just walking has been a strain. It would have been fun to be able to participate but I enjoyed watching the boys get excited. The biggest complaint I had was that the food was pretty awful. There were some meals that were decent but overall it was disappointing. I might have struggled more then the others because I have gestational diabetes again and their meals were very carb heavy, which is not so good for keeping my blood glucose low.
Brady's favorite activity was the pony rides. Everyday the would saddle up a couple ponies for the smallest kids and Brady would stay and ride them over and over for at least 30 min. His favorite was the little one named Buttons. He would ask for her by name. Nathan tells me his favorite activity was archery. Dave showed him how to use a bow and pretty soon he was hitting the target all on his own. Now he wants to be just like Hawkeye when he grows up. He also really liked canoeing in the pond they had on the property.
On the last day of the reunion we went down to the south ranch. There they had rock climbing, repelling, tomahawk throwing, a bullwhip and swimming in the river. The boys spent all their time playing in the water. Later that afternoon we had a family rodeo. There was barrel racing, pole bending, calf riding, mutton busting, and a donkey relay. Dave competed in pole bending and ended up with the fastest time. We had both boys ride the sheep. I think they both thought it was fun but Brady cried because he fell off.
It was a long tiring 3 days, but it was great to be with family.
I will try to keep the pictures to a minimum. I posted all of them to facebook if you want to see more.
                                                                 The Dickson Clan




                                                
                                                                 Brady on Buttons.

                                             Hay ride to tour the tiny town of Antimony.











No comments: