Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

For Memorial day weekend we decided last minute to spend the weekend up at the family cabin. We spent most of the day driving on Saturday but once we got there it was nice to disconnect from technology for a while. One really great thing about Saturday is that I got to visit with one of my dear friends from Rexburg. Audra's Family is from the same area as the cabin and she just happened to be in town, yeah! It was so great getting to spend the evening talking, I sure did miss all the times I use to just hang out at her place and talk. Nathan also had a great time catching up with her girls, good times!
Sunday we spent relaxing around the cabin. I was able to spend time reading on a book. I started Perfect Scoundrels Saturday evening and had it almost done by Sunday night. It was a great read and I probably would have finished it if I had let myself stay up late. It was one of those books that I have a hard time putting down because I really want to know how it all will work out.If you haven't tried out The Heist Society series you should really check them out.
Monday morning we headed to New Melones for some boating. This time we were joined by my sister and her family and two other friends we had from Rexburg. Jereme, Holley and family now live nearby and Paul, Cheris and family were down visiting the area for a week. When we first got to the lake the water was warm and the sun was shining. But the weather quickly turned cold and windy and it even rained for a short time. Most everyone was ready to leave after lunch. I still hadn't had a chance to wake surf and I really wanted to since I didn't get to at all last summer. So we stayed out just long enough for Adam and I to surf. Then we pulled the tube back to the boat ramp with Adam and Liam on.


                                                       Playing on the beach
                                                              Aidan and Nathan
                                                 Brady and Liam with Kerri
                                 
                                           I can still get up even when the water is choppy.
                                                      One tired boy.
                                  Adam and Liam on the tube.

1 comment:

Audra said...

It was so fun to see you guys!! Did your Uncle tell you guys we saw your family at church the next day? Sure miss you guys!