Sunday, June 5, 2011

A few things I love about summer!

I am sure we will have a few for cold days before the first official day of summer, but I have been enjoying the sunshine for the past few days. I just love summer, especially after months of trying to keep a toddler happy while stuck indoors. I love the sunshine, water activities, and the long days. Lucky us for most of the summer it will be light until 10:00pm, I am so excited to really enjoy the perfect summer weather that we get here. Hot but not too hot! I always laugh when I here people complain about how hot the summer gets here because the average temp stays between the 80's and low 90's, which is just wonderful and  perfect for everything water! I have been spending so much time outdoors that even applying sunscreen I am still getting sunburned. Nathan is one happy little boy outdoors and so we stay out all day except for when it is time for a nap.
The other thing I love about the warmer weather are all the beautiful flowering plants. I have a few that still need to bloom, but I snapped a few shots yesterday.








3 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

Everything is so beautiful right now. Where is you lilac bush? I didn't realize you had one!!

Julie/Mom said...

And your bleeding hearts are gorgeous!!!

Terri Griffith said...

I actually have 5 lilac bushes.over on the side where the well is.