Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ten for the past month

1. Wow, it has been a very long time since I have written one of these. mostly I don't feel like I have any thing to share that anyone would care to read about.

2. I am still waiting for summer to arrive. We did manage to get Nathans water sink outside one day last week , but the rain and wind seem to be keeping us indoors all the time. Poor Nathan is always point to the door asking to go out.

3. It has taken forever for all of our flowering plants to get green and beautiful, but my bleeding heart is huge this year and a few of my other favorites finally have bloomed this week,usually they have flowers by may. Even the lilacs have taken forever to get full of flowers. I guess the all need warmer weather, the weeds on the other hand seem to love the cold rain.

anyone know what this plant is ?

4.Dave and I managed to make it to Prince a Persia several weeks ago. We brought Nathan along and lucky for us the entire back row was empty. That is probably the only reason we lasted the whole movie since Nathan was free to crawl wherever he wanted.It was a pretty good movie, although I liked Iron Man 2 better.



5. Found Piper laying on Chief the other night, so I just had to a take a picture. She seems pretty relaxed to me, not so sure about the big dog though!

6. Nathan had a traumatic day last week His normal babysitter wasn't available to watch him, so as a back up I we had Jesse and Louisa watch him wednesday and friday. Well he has started the phase were he does not want mom to leave him. With his regular sitter he usually will only cry for a short time, well at Jesse's all he would do was cry. He refused to eat or sleep and become more hysterical when they tried to approach him. Eventually they called me at work and I was able to leave to pick him up. by the time I got there he just put his head on my shoulder and sobbed. My poor little man, I have never felt so bad about leaving him so I could work. So far there has not been a repeat, so I am not sure what set him off that day.

7. I finally took him off of his bottle. He loved his bottle and most of the time I couldn't get him to drink anything from a cup. But last week he discovered if he held his bottle upside down and then started to shake it he could get the milk to pour out. So I decided no more bottle , I was surprised that he switched so easy.

8. Memorial Day we went over to a friends for a BBQ. While we were there I got a chance to ride for the first time in over a year and a half. It was nice to get a ride in especially on such a nice horse.

9. When I was finished I had Dave put Nathan up with me and had him lead us around the pasture for a little while. Nathan loved it and even started crying when Dave took him off. Unfortunately the only pic I got was on Dave's phone and it is much too small to post on here. It is on Facebook.

10. So great to see Twitch back on SYTYCD !

1 comment:

Cheris said...

We had to take Riann's bottles away too for that reason. She still does it with her sippy's but it's not as bad. It's funny how they all seem to figure that stuff out!!!

I love the picture of Chief and the cat. Makes me miss my animals growing up!!!