Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ten

1. It has been a while since I have written a post. Life has been going good and Nathan is growing up much too fast. His first tooth has started coming through which has made him a little more fussy (but not much he is such an easy going kid).

2. I started him on solids a little over a month ago. He had stopped sleeping through the night so after reading a little I decided that he needed more calories then I could give him through my milk. With just a little rice cereal he started sleeping through the night again. Now he eats solids up to three times a day and gets excited when he sees me getting everything ready.

3. I plan to stop pumping at work in a couple weeks. Mostly because I hate pumping and now that he will be 6 months old I don't feel so guilty giving up on the nursing. I think I have a love hate relationship with nursing. I love the time I have with Nathan but have never really enjoyed the whole experience, probably because it was painful and still can be painful for me. It also is much easier to leave him with a babysitter if he takes a bottle.

4.Work has been rough the past month and sometimes I wonder why I am still working. But then there are good days and I remember why I love my job. Maybe when we are ready for the next kid we won't need my income anymore.

5.We had friends over on Sunday to play some guitar hero. unfortunately my camera has died so I wasn't able to get any pics.

6. On that note I have started to research new cameras. Any ideas for a nice camera?

7. Nathan still takes several cat naps a day, but has finally starting taking two longer ones a day. I was starting to worry that he was never going to be a nap taker. He still doesn't always sleep for long during the day, but I will take my eight hr at nights instead.

8.So far the weather has stayed nice, no major snowstorms yet. We did get our usual snow the week of Halloween but not much since.

9. I did manage to make it to the county's health department clinic and get my H1N1 vaccine. I thought it was important since so many were getting sick and the only way to protect Nathan was to get the vaccine. I still haven't decided if I will go back when Nathan is old enough to receive the vaccine too.

10. The moons pull is so strong right now I just got my broom to stand on its end... Cool!

3 comments:

Melissa Durtschi said...

His first tooth already!?! I remember the morning he was born... That is soooo CRAZY! ! ! ! Oh and I LOVE the Halloween pictures!!!!

Julie/Mom said...

The moon Pull????????????? and standing brooms? Dad wants to know if you are a witch? LOL

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Target's black Friday ad has a Nikon 10 MP camera for $88. Just a thought. :) Oh and here's something random, Jeremy is in my brother BJ's ward.