
2. Dave also updated all the outlets in the room. its amazing how such a small thing can make a difference. For some reason when the previous owners had painted the room they just painted right over the outlets.
3. Jesse came over last Saturday to help Dave install a ceiling fan and new switch for the wall. the switch can fade the light and also changes the speed of the fan. unfortunately the previous light fixture didn't need a lot of support so they tried adding some extra support in the ceiling for the fan, but Dave wasn't happy with the way it turned out so his plan this weekend is to had a board in the ceiling that will be stronger so the fan doesn't look like it is about to shake off of the ceiling. 
4. Saturday morning we went to a boat show in Idaho Falls. It was small, but Dave loves to look at all the new options offered on boats. There were some really nice surfboards, maybe we will splurge and get one.
5. We spent the rest of the morning going to furniture stores attempting to find a glider. I really like one on Babys'r'us, but it is out of stock. All the ones in the stores though were so ugly, I wonder do people here in Idaho really have that bad of taste. the fabrics could have been from the 70s and 80s. I think I will just wait until the one I like is back in stock, i just can't spend that kind of money on the ones in the area.
6. We finally got the changing table and crib in. I just need to get the crib put together and then I can start organizing the room.
7. Last week for our childbirth class we went on a tour of the hospital. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised about how nice the labor and delivery ward was. I thought that it was pretty neat that they had a jacuzzi you could spend some time in to help during labor. It was being serviced, but maybe it will be fixed by the time I go in.
8. Almost all the snow had melted by this monday. The dogs were just loving the nice weather. I was loving the 60 degree weather this weekend. Unfortunately it snowed yesterday although it was just a small layer so hopefully it will only last a couple days.
9. Chief is getting so big. He really has become attached to Barney and tries to follow him every where. He also likes to try and get Piper to react to him and follows her around the house. she doesn't seem to mind, although shes never been one to hide.
10. Had a doctors appointment today, he said that everything was looking perfect. now that I am at 32 weeks I will go in to see him every 2 weeks.
3 comments:
We ended up getting out gliders from Shopko of all places. Solid colored leather and very cheap. :)
Yay for getting the room fixed up! It makes it seem more real, or at least that's what I thought. As far as gliders go, I was looking at one, and some stranger told me that she really preferred having an actual recliner. And that woman is now my new best friend! A recliner is WAY more comfortable than a glider! We got ours at RC Willey and paid about the same price as we were going to pay for a glider at Babies R Us. Just a thought!
Cute room
Post a Comment